13 January 2011

Maui

Smoothie Shop
North Road to Maui (2008)


Here are the photos from a trip I took in December 2008 to Maui, HI.

I stayed just outside of Lahaina, on Kapalua Bay and did some traveling all over the island. Hawaii was an awesome place to take pictures, especially being on Maui. It seems that they have almost every geographic region.



The photo above was literally a smoothie shop on a little pull-off on the North Shore road to Maui. The kid who operated it was about 10 years-old and had an extension cord running out the back, across the street, and up a really large hill/small mountain to his parents' house – and that was how he got electricity for the blender, freezers and air conditioning unit. The smoothies were amazing...

Check out some of the other photos.
(Click on them to see a bigger image)




Banyan Tree at Christmas
Lahaina, HI. (2008)



Cliff House
Kapalua Bay (2008)



Napili Bay
(2008)



Reflections on Napili Bay
(2008)



Fresh Produce
North Road to Maui (2008)




Bamboo Forest
Haleakala National Park (2008)



I have so many more photos that will eventually make their way up here, hopefully! Comment below and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. O these make me want to move back, Maui really finds a place in your heart and sticks.

    (FYI-I clicked on the link to Kapalua and after I saw the page and came back, the link color was not visible)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an amazing place! I want to go back, too!

    Thanks for the tip, I think I had the colors messed up. Should be fixed now!

    ReplyDelete